Four years ago, I made a cold call to Starfish PR looking for a public relations job closer to home and serving clients who do good work. That call has turned into so many relationships, experiences, skills and opportunities that I am beyond thankful for. One of which is the chance to work for Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A., Starfish PR’s longtime client and an organization whose mission I have always strongly identified with.
Angela is a great teacher and motivator. Over the years, I have learned so much from her and all of our amazing clients. Since it is my last day, I thought it would be fitting to share a few of these lessons here in this post.
- Don’t be afraid to make cold calls and go after what you want.
- Be positive, jump in and always hold on to your belief that things will work out (thanks Angela)!
- Value all of your relationships (thanks APM)!
- Be nice and work hard (thanks Noelle)!
- Focus on what’s right with people rather than what’s wrong with them (thanks Coach Cathy)!
- Know when to let go and let your work out into the universe (thanks Jess)!
- Never stifle your personal style or creativity (thanks VO)!
- It takes special people and organizations to create waves of change (thanks Rose, Glenn, DRN and IHADLA)!
Working at Starfish PR has been a great chapter in my life and I have found my time in this position to be educational, rewarding and just plain fun! Until next time…..Ali